August 01, 2010

Code Name: Veronica (Horror & Me pt 3)



With the love for horror already in my veins, by the time I was 9, in fifth grade, and in the most precious private catholic school (yeah! right...). There was at least a bright shinny thing that help to made the days fun and easier, not in the formal education side, that was fine and it helped to feed my brain. But in the other learning, the social one.

There was a girl, Veronica, and some day out of nowhere, she started to chat about A Nightmare on Elm street pt 3: Dream Warriors, the passion that she printed in her storytelling was fascinating, even before watching any ANOES film, she introduce me to Freddy Krueger with such magic, that the very next weekend I was in a hunt to rent the films.

She described every scene with such a vivid perfection: like the Freddy puppet tearing Will's skin; that I also started to understand that horror, and murder in some extended (in the fiction of literature and cinema) was a honest for of expression: art!

So many things have happened since those days, but I've promise myself in this very moment that If I'm lucky enough to run into her, I need to thank her.

In the meanwhile... Thank you Veronica! the second woman to propel my love for horror, right after my mom.

No comments: